- The first private medical college in Puducherry to offer simulation-based skills training to undergraduates and postgraduates
- Established in January 19th 2011
- Equipped with high fidelity mannequin/ simulators & task trainers
- American Heart Association accredited International training center since 2014
- Recognized center to conduct Basic Assessment and Support in Intensive Care (BASIC) course since AUG 2017
The Medical Skills Centre was set up in January 2011 with the aim of providing high-quality simulation education to our undergraduate and postgraduate students. This was in keeping with the paradigm shift in medical education which has now shifted to an outcome-based, experiential learning system from the traditional classroom-based teaching. This college is the first and only college in the city to have a centralized, stand-alone multi-purpose skills centre to impart training across the board from undergraduates to postgraduates and also to qualified healthcare personnel.
The philosophy of the centre is to provide experiential, patient-centred facilitator driven medical education to supplement the more traditional methods of teaching. It has been planned for undergraduate medical students to acquire basic psychomotor and communication skills which the students will require during the internship. The centre is well equipped with a variety of task trainers and life support mannequins for this purpose. The jewel in the crown of the Centre is a computer controlled patient mannequin which has been planned to be used for training postgraduates in soft skills like teamwork, leadership, situational awareness, peer to peer communication, decision making etc.