Course description and goal
The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
Through didactic instruction and active participation in simulated cases, the students will enhance their skills and clinical decision-making abilities for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke and acute coronary syndromes. Students are taught to use the following important concepts:
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Survey
• High-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• ACLS Survey
• ACLS algorithms
• Effective resuscitation team dynamics
• Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
The goal of the ACLS Provider Course is to improve outcomes for adult patients with cardiac arrest and other cardiopulmonary emergencies through provider training.
Duration: Two Days (8:30 am to 4 pm)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will
• Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions.
• Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care and integrating use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
• Recognize and manage cardiac arrest including immediate post-cardiac arrest care.
• Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS)
• Recognize and initiate early management of stroke
• Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team.
Eligibility criteria for students: ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
The students are taught using an Instructional DVD with students practicing skills while watching the Instructional video.
The high point of the ACLS Provider Course is that students learn the Megacode Team Resuscitation approach to cardiac arrest, post-cardiac and peri-cardiac arrest care on advanced High-Fidelity simulator manikins.
The student:manikin ratio for CPR and Airway Management is 3:1
The student:manikin ratio for Megacode Team Resuscitation on High-Fidelity manikins is 6:1
To Apply Online